Congratulations on reaching the last chapter of the SCORE Startup Roadmap!
Not long ago, your business was just a dream—now, it’s a reality. You’re ready to launch your small business!
In the last chapter of the Roadmap, you’ll prepare for your grand opening and learn important steps to keep your new business running smoothly during its first year of operation.
You’ll want to build awareness a month to a few weeks ahead of time to create anticipation in your target customers and get people buzzing about your grand opening. Should you send a press release? Advertise on local radio? Create social media ads?
For some businesses, you might decide to have a “soft opening” and plan a major grand opening event with live entertainment and food. Be sure to plan and budget for any printing needs, such as banners, posters, neighborhood mailers or door-hangers.
Make sure to invite your SCORE mentor so they can be there to share the excitement with you on your big day!
Catch up on any chapters of The SCORE Startup Roadmap that you missed:
- Chapter 1: Starting Your Journey
- Chapter 2: Are You Ready to Start a Business?
- Chapter 3: Defining and Validating Your Idea
- Chapter 4: Business Plan or Business Model Canvas?
- Chapter 5: Finding Funding
- Chapter 6: Setting Up Your Business
- Chapter 7: Accounting, Insurance, and Legal Considerations
- Chapter 8: Marketing Your Business
- Chapter 9: Pricing, Sales, and Distribution
- Chapter 10: Setting Up Your Physical Location
- Chapter 11: Staffing Your Business
- Chapter 12: Open for Business
You finished the Startup Roadmap and launched your business, but remember your SCORE mentor is still by your side. You can work with a mentor or several mentors as long as you need them. We’re here for the life of your business.
Congratulations and good luck!